This is a list of topics from which research-oriented mini-projects can be offered to enthusiastic undergraduate and postgraduate students of the University of Surrey. Most projects are implementation projects where students can significantly improve their programming skills and become familiar with existing cryptogrtaphic libraries and APIs.
Please get in touch with me if you are interested in any of these or if you have your own idea for a mini-project within the areas of my research.
- IoT Authentication: Implementation of innovative user authentication protocols for IoT devices (e.g. smartwatches).
- Smartphones and Wireless Sensors: Implementation of secure protocols enabling the user to control a wireless sensor network through a smartphone.
- Participatory Sensing: Implementation of existing protocols for participatory sensing applications based on smartphones and a webserver to preserve the privacy of participants.
- Searchable Encryption: Implementation of existing protocols for searchable encryption enabling the client to encrypt file database, upload it to a web server and later search for appropriate documents using keywords.
- Password Authentication: Implementation of innovative password-based authentication protocols for the Web to be used with desktops and smartphones. There is an opportunity to extend a current implementation from our research work with new functionality.